Thursday, July 12, 2007

And Let Them Eat Cake!


My 26th birthday was a couple of days ago. So of course, I had a little bit of dessert. And before my parents left for vacation, they threw a birthday party for me (complete with a chocolate ice cream cake from DQ!) My oldest son, Dalton will be turning 4 in a week, so I will probably bake some sort of cupcakes for the occassion. And when my parents return from their vacation, they want to throw Dalton a birthday party, so they can celebrate with him also. I'm assuming cake will be on the menu.

The bad news? I feel bad for having so many sweets.

The good news? I have really been watching my portions.

When I do have cake & ice cream, I only have a very small amount. My delicious ice cream cake, was shared with my Mom's dog (she said I could give it to her). I always prefer to bake cupcakes over cake whenever possible, because I only eat one cupcake, where as with cake, it's easy to be tempted to eat a serving that is more than needed. And I always choose Edy's (or Dryer's, depending on what part of the country you live in) slow-churned ice cream (The sugar-free mint chocolate chip is de-lish!)

All this sweet-talk makes me want to hit the gym!

Dalton helped me blow out the candles on my birthday cake!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy birthday! Yay you for losing nearly 20 pounds already! You are awesome, and not just because the scale says so. I hope your birthday was everything you wished for.

Megan said...

Thank you! You are a sweetie!

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Megan!